Tuesday, October 30, 2012

100 Paintings for Lung Cancer

It's that time of year again for my 100 painting project.  Last November, in honor of my dad, a portion of my sales was donated to the Lung Cancer Alliance



Kristina and her dad, Errol


I wrote how lung cancer has touched my life here.  In just 8 months, I lost both my mother-in-law and father to this terrible disease.  Lung cancer kills more people than breast, colon & prostate cancers combined.  Yet it has no early detection screening.  Yet it only receives a fraction of the research dollars as other cancers.  Yet it still has a terrible stigma because of its association with smoking.  Yet almost half of those newly diagnosed have never smoked or have been non-smokers for decades.  Read this powerful letter about the stigma of lung cancer.

November is lung cancer awareness month.  Once again, in honor of my dad, I will donate a portion of my sales to the Lung Cancer Alliance, a support and advocacy organization for those living with lung cancer.

The 3rd annual 100 Paintings for $100 or Less  sale is available online and in the Happy Camper Mobile Art Gallery through December 31, 2012.  Check back during the month of November as I will be adding more paintings daily until I reach my goal of 100.

If you're in the Keene area, please join me November 6th, 2012 for the Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on Central Square at 6pm.




No comments: